The Blessed Sacrament will be exposed daily in church from the First Sunday of Lent until Holy Week:
- On weekdays, from 4.30pm to 5.15pm (followed by the Rosary and the evening Mass).
- On Thursdays, as above, with Benediction following immediately after Mass.
- On Fridays, as usual from 2pm to 5pm.
- On Saturdays, from 9.30am to 10.40am, concluding with Benediction.
- On Sundays, as usual during solemn Vespers and Benediction at 4.30pm.
This time of exposition is to give us all an opportunity to pray fervently in the Lord’s Real Presence. And how much we have to pray for. Many of us have had sleepless nights and troubled days trying to understand how God could allow the terrible things that are now afflicting the Church and the world. Is the Lord sleeping?
Of course not. In our prayer, we don’t have to explain to the Lord what makes us angry or anxious, as He already knows the details. But we offer up the deepest contents of our hearts and minds, confident that He who founded His Holy Church on the rock of Peter’s faith will never allow that faith to be eclipsed or replaced by things that are not of the Gospel. We should remember that the Lord we worship in the Blessed Sacrament is the same omnipotent and omniscient Lord who rules over the whole of Creation.