The Museum of Saint John Henry Cardinal Newman

The Museum of Saint John Henry Cardinal Newman was opened in October 2019 to celebrate the canonisation of our Cardinal.

For the first time, Newman’s possessions, manuscripts and liturgical objects are available for general viewing. Visitors to the Museum may see precious historical items, including pages from the manuscripts of the Apologia and The Dream of Gerontius, the chalice with which Newman celebrated Mass and personal articles such as his spectacles and Rosary beads. In addition to the numerous items on display, the Museum contains a video tour of Newman’s room, preserved as he left it when he died in 1890.

Entrance is free, but visitors are asked to donate to help us secure the survival of Saint John Henry’s patrimony for future generations.

Opening Times

By appointment. Please contact

Entrance via Oratory House, 141 Hagley Road, Edgbaston, B16 8UE.